Saturday, November 5, 2011

A Perfect End to a Perfect Month

I can't believe the month of October has already come and gone.  Or that my tiny little baby isn't so tiny anymore and will soon be two!  I'm sure by next year he won't have many memories of this past month, but I will have stories and pictures too! 

Marcus had his class party the Friday before Halloween.  I was heartbroken when I found out I would be unable to attend due to rehab on my knee.  It was a difficult day for me, but it was made better by his teacher.  I asked her if she would be kind enough to take pictures of the occasion and she was excited to agree!  His class went room to room and trick or treated each and every class.  I received a report from another mother that he wanted to stay in the pre-k class where they were enjoying a movie!  But, he quickly changed his mind when he found out more candy would be the cost!  I believe he truly enjoyed his party! 

The next evening, we went to Trick or Treat on the Trails and we had a party!  I was pleasantly surprised at how many local businesses set up a booth at the trails!  When we left, Marcus had over a bucket of candy and toys!  He was thrilled and seemed to love Halloween!  We came back home for our little party.  I made a spider web dip, an apple sangria, candy corn shooters, and we had a carmel apple dipping station along with other goodies!  The apple sangria was a huge hit and I will be making it again!  I found the recipe on Pinterest.  Then, I completely changed it and everyone loved it! 

On Halloween, we were invited to trick or treat with our friends.  I was very excited because I wasn't sure how Marcus would respond if he trick or treated alone.  We went with a fairly large group of children and he did very well!  He walked almost all of the way and didn't seem frightened by the "scary" stuff.  I dread next year when he's old enough to understand just what scary really is!  He really enjoyed himself and loved all the treats he received! 

I really enjoyed this month and can't wait to do it all again next year.  Well, maybe I can wait.  I don't want Marcus growing up any faster!






Ready to go to his school party!

Trick or Treating through the classrooms.

Ready for a Halloween Party!  Candy Corn Guessing Game, Costume Contest voting...

Gift Bags!

This witch is ready to party!

Spider web layered dip

Elmo and his Daddy at Trick or Treat on the Trails.

Carmel apple dipping station.

"Belle" and her apple.

Candy Corn Shooters!  For the "big kids".

Twinkie Witches!
A butterfly and a witch!
 
Tyler loves his apple!!!

Let the trick or treating begin!

Mommy and Marcus - trick or treating

Lily, Tyler and Marcus - such a wonderful experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment